Welcome to the Golf Tournament Association of America (GTAA) website. The GTAA is the Association for all Golf Tournaments and Events - Fundraisers, Corporate Outings, Networking, and Amateur Competitive Events.
We serve everyone in the golf tournament industry: tournament coordinators, golf courses, suppliers, charities, associations, meeting planners, civic groups, schools, churches, and all groups or individuals involved in a golf outing.
The GTAA is here to serve and assist organizations in taking their events and business to the next level through education, information, and marketing. We offer seminars, newsletters, teleconference calls, trade shows, and educational materials.
Golf Tournament Definitions
Many have asked us to clarify some definitions. This will help us to all be on the same page.
- Golf Tournament Planner - An individual that works for a non-profit, a company or is a volunteer that plans a golf tournament for an organization.
- Golf Tournament Coordinator - An individual that works for a golf course that helps Tournament Planners with their event.
- Golf Tournament Consultant - An individual that help groups with their golf tournament or outing for a living and charges a fee.
- Golf Tournament Vendor/ Supplier - A company that provides products and services to Tournament planners, consultants and coordinators.
- GTAA Certified Golf Tournament Planner - An individual that has been trained and tested by the GTAA as a qualified Tournament Planner.
- GTAA Certified Golf Tournament Coordinator - An individual that works for a golf course that has been trained and tested by the GTAA as a qualified Tournament Coordinator.
- GTAA Certified Golf Tournament Consultant - An individual that has been trained and certified by the GTAA as a qualified Tournament Consultant.
- GTAA Preferred Vendor/ Supplier - A preferred vendor of the GTAA that offers special pricing to GTAA Members.
- GTAA Preferred Golf Course - A golf course that has been approved by the GTAA in running first class golf tournaments and outings.
- GTAA Logo - The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for Golf Tournament and Outings
To assist you in producing a better golf outing
How to plan, organize and run a golf tournament.
Charity, Corporate, Leagues, Competition and Networking events.
Bringing your organization news and ideas and all of the tools needed to host a successful Golf Outing.
To help you make more money and save you time.
Serving Tournament Planners, Golf Courses, Suppliers and Vendors and Consultants.
The GTAA has over 50,000 members. Our membership consists of any individual or group who is involved in hosting or producing a golf tournament, including: Charities, Associations, Meeting Planners, Corporations, Schools, Churches, Civic Groups, Ministries, and others.
Members served include:
American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Red Cross, Arthritis Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, Boy Scouts of America, CARE, Catholic Charities, Children's Miracle Network, City of Hope, Cure Autism Now, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Easter Seals, Girl Scouts, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, Leukemia & Lymphona Society, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Multiple Sclerosis Society, Operation Helping-Hand, Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Project Youth Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Rotary, Salvation Army, Shriners, The Smile Train, Toys for Kids Foundation, United Way, UNICEF, Volunteers of America, YMCA, Young Life.
"I received some excellent feedback from the seminar. The information was very helpful to our [golf] event candidates."
Tate Zyroll, Club Corp Director of Golf
"I want you to know, Phil how very much we all appreciated your presentation [seminar] to our 8th Annual Conference and Trade Show at the Prom Center in Oakdale, MN. The feedback we've received from those in attendance reflect their feeling that this was one of the finest programs produced in our 8 years. Your contribution was so much appreciated that these members were able to take home great ideas and put them right to work."
Curtis Walker, Executive Director, Midwest Golf Course Owners Association
"Phil, I really enjoyed your presentation [seminar] at the World Golf Village! I have shared your books and CD with the Chairman of our church outing and he is excited also!"
Jay Jennison, Chairman of the St. Augustine Amateur, St. Augustine, FL
"I thought your seminar was great! Though I've spent many years organizing and working on fund-raisers, I'm the new kid on the block when it comes to golf tournaments. With your input and the help of a great committee I hope that TLC can raise $60,000 in August (our next tournament). I have your book and the planning guide so I'm set! Thanks again for a fun and educational day!"
Donetta Shaner, TLC for Children and Families
"Thank you! I can't find one word that describes how valuable the seminar was to me and my boss. It was awesome! The information was priceless. Working at a non-profit means we don't always have funds to attend these types of things. So I really appreciate the fact that it was free. And it was a first class environment! We can't wait to put what we've learned into practice!"
Peggy Bonyer, Hope for the Heart, Dallas, TX
"He [Phil] held a captive audience as he spoke and made it seem almost effortless to get his point [information] across. I truly enjoyed listening to him and would recommend him highly to any organization [putting on a golf tournament]."
Bert Coghill, Owner, Silver Lake Country Club, President, Illinois Golf Course Owners Association
"Thanks for a great seminar, I had some members ask if you were doing them again in Northern California so they too can attend a date that works for them, I sent them to your website! Those that did attend loved it and we thank you as we did give our membership a great benefit!"
Carolyn Tienken, CMP, Manager of Events & Meetings, CalSAE
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE)
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Association of Christian Development Professionals (ACDP)
- Association of Lutheran Development Executives (ALDE)
- Association of Philanthropic Counsel (APC)
- The Giving Institute
- International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC)
- National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
- North American YMCA Development Organization (NAYDO)
- Philanthropic Service for Institutions (PSI)
- United Way of America
- National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA)
- Club Managers Association of America (CMAA)