|Selling Out Your Event|
|IS YOUR EVENT A SELL OUT? HERE ARE THE TOP 10 WAYS TO FIND GOLFERS
The average Golf Tournament only has 72 golfers. A sell out event is between 120 and 144 golfers. Is your event full? Like most outings, most Tournament Planners need more golfers. More Golfers means more money and that means happy sponsors.
So how do we find golfers? Here are just a few ways.
1. Contact the past golfers from past events.
2. Notify your member and donor base.
3. Stress the importance of and invite committee and boards contacts and relationships.
4. Ask the golf course to eblast, post and publicize your event.
5. Buy a list of subscribers from Golf Magazine or Golf Digest.
6. Share lists with other Tournament Planners and organizers.
7. Invite the Men’s Golf Clubs and Woman’s Golf Clubs in the area.
8. Ask the State Golf Association to promote, eblast and publicize your event.
9. Partner with large employers in the area -- let them know about your event. If a charity event, be sure that the charity is publicizing and eblasting their database about the event.
10. Ask Friends to ask friends.
To sellout your event use the 9-4-4 Rule. This is a guaranteed way to do so through your tournament committee and there is no expense involved. If you don’t know how the rule works -- send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.